Garlic Biscuits
In our home we love biscuits and gravy. My husband will not eat the kind out of the can he has to have homemade from scratch biscuits. I have tried so many different recipes to try and find the best biscuits. Needless to say all of them did not turn out. One day we were at my husbands aunts house and she made these with dinner and they were amazing. So of course I asked her for her recipe and just prayed that mine would taste as good as hers. Does that ever happen you, use the exact same recipe as someone and it doesn't taste the same? Well it happens to me all the time. But these turned out great! I have made them for a few different dinner parties and get togethers I have been to and they are a hit everyone asks for my recipe. So here it is. Very simple
Ingredients
4 C. Flour (I use 2 all purpose and 2 wheat)
3 T baking powder
1 t. cream of tartar
1 t. salt
4 T sugar
1 C. shortening
2 eggs
1 1/3 milk.
Directions:
-Preheat oven 425
- Combine all dry ingredients
-Cut in shortening
-add eggs and milk
- mix well and evenly put into muffin pan.
* Once they are in the muffin pan melt 1/4 cup butter and chop garlic. You can add as little or as much garlic as you want. We eat a lot of garlic around here. mix the garlic and melted butter and brush tops of muffins with the butter/garlic mixture and bake.
-bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these!
No comments:
Post a Comment