Monday, August 19, 2013

Headbands

 
As you know I had a cute baby girl about 10 weeks ago now and I have been obsessed with making headbands for her. At first when I started looking around, on pinterest and other places I got overwhelmed because I thought there would be no way I could afford to make her all the cute headbands and they all looked hard. I never realized how simple they are.
 
First of all etsy is the way to go. There are so many shops that you can find great deals. The headbands I am showing today all came from the etsy shop Tutu Chic Supplies. She has the elastic, flowers, felt backing, cute jewels for the center of the flowers, and more. She has everything.
 
When I first got my package immediately started sitting the flowers on the headbands deciding which flower I wanted to put on which elastic and so on. I decided that I wanted to put clips on the flowers so that I could trade out the elastic and flowers so they could go on any elastic. So I had to make my elastic so i could clip different flowers on and off.  There are many different ways to attach flowers to the headbands so I will show you a couple different options.
 

So what I did was cut about 1 inch off and then hot glued the inch around the elastic ends holding it together so the clip could slide on and off. ( see below pictures)

Now there are tons of different clips out there. I honestly like these ones the best because they dont make the flower stick way far off her head. I like it to look like the flower is perminately attached. It is kind of tricky to get them glued on without gluing the clip together. I learned it was easier for me to put a dot of glue on a bobby pin from my hair and then spread it on the parts i wanted to glue down that way i wasnt getting glue everywhere and it wasn't making the other part of the clip glue shut.

 
 
Now i think this is the most common way to attach a flower. This is more perminate though so if you dont want to trade the flowers then you can do it this way. On the back of every flower is a felt circle. you would lay the elastic over the back and then hot glue another felt circle on top of it so it sandwiches the elastic in the middle.

If you put the flowers on clips there are many different varietys that you can come up with. Which equals many different outfits to match.
 



 
The last way I like about attaching. If you just take a needle and thread and you can stitch a few stiches in the back. Going up to the felt on the back of the flower back down through the elastic. Just do a couple stiches to make it secure. Then when you are done just use an unpicker and your flower comes off. That way it looks like it is perminately attached when it is not.

 I love this elastic because it is super soft and it doesnt itch my daugthers head. She will actually keep these headbands on. I have been looking for a grey color for a long time now and I haven't liked any of the ones I have. But this grey matches really well and i like it alot!

If you like this kit that i got it comes with 5 elastics. 2 skinny and 3 5/8 inch. and 5 flowers with felt backings and 4 jewels to go in the middle of the flowers if you would like. The link for this kit is here.





No comments:

Post a Comment