Saturday, September 7, 2013

ribbon bows


I found my new favorite place to buy ribbon!! This etsy shop has amazing ribbon! I am trying to make bows out of ribbon now and Hairbow Supplies ect. is the place to go to get your ribbon. Seriously she has every thing you need. She has skinny ribbon and fat ribbon perfect for any project! Really go check out her supply, she has chevron ribbon, polkadot, holiday themed. The set I have is this one for Halloween.

Anyway those are just a couple of examples of the types she has! go check out the rest she has a lot! 

Ok onto my tutorials. 

Supplies:
Ribbon
Needle
Thread

Directions:

I got 3 different kinds of ribbon and cut them 7 and 1/2 inches long. 




Then i got 3 of them and laid them one on top of another



Stick the needle through the printed side in the middle. But don't pull all the way through. 
One at a time flip it over and stick it on the needle making a loop. (picture below)
Until you have all of them flipped over. Then pull the needle all the way through. Then poke the needle back through back and forth a couple times to secure it. Then tie a knot and you are done.

You can make another one and stack them to make it look more full or leave it like that! You could also start out with more strands of ribbon. I only started out with three. You could also layer them doing each layer one color instead of mixing the colors however you like! There are many options





Tutorial 2.

Supplies:
Ribbon 
needle
thread
hot glue gun

Directions:
I have done a tutorial like this before just with fabric not ribbon. 

Get a thick piece of ribbon of your choice. and a skinny one. 

I cut the thick one to be about 7 inches

The skinny one was 7 and 1/2 but afterwards I trimmed a lot off so you could probably start out with 5 inches or even shorter depending on how you want your middle


Fold each end of your ribbon into the center so they over lap a little bit. 

Sew down the center

Then pull the thread so it bunches up. Then tie a knot so it will stay all bunched up.

On the back of the fat ribbon put a small dot of glue. 

Take your skinny ribbon and at one end glue the end to the back of the fat ribbon. 

Wrap the skinny ribbon around a few times then glue the end to secure it! 

And your done!  :)




I have quite a few more ribbon bows and flowers to show you so keep checking back :) 

Really go check out her site you wont be disappointed! She has an etsy shop that i linked earlier and a website here if you would like to go there. 

Al lthe ribbon for this post was provided by Hairbow Supplies Ect but the ideas and opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment